8. Start a grooming schedule and stick to it. Grooming is an important part of a good health and wellness routine. Regular brushing and baths help to prevent matting and skin ailments. Keep your dog’s claws trimmed and teeth cleaned. Grooming is also a good way to bond with your pet.
9. Stop blaming the dog for your oversight or mistake. It is not your dog’s intent to make you angry by chewing off the power cord to your brand new hairdryer that you left on the floor. Instead of yelling at your dog for his curiosity, just clean up the mess and remember to pick it up yourself next time.
10. Appreciate your dog more. It is easy to take a dog’s love and companionship for granted. Take a few moments every now and then to reflect on how important your dog is to you and realize just how much you are loved by him.
12. Help the less fortunate. Giving back feels good. Find a local shelter or pet volunteer organization to give back to once a year. Most shelters and dog pounds are constantly in need of funds, food, blankets, leashes, collars, and other pet accessories.
13. Continue learning and growing as a pet owner. There is always room to grow and more to learn. One easy way to keep learning is to read articles like this one here on Yeepet.com.
Ever wonder what your dog might be adding to his or her list? It could be... -Find that bone I buried last year, chew on it for awhile, then bury it again. -Run after the ball only if it is thrown. That pesky human seems to have sticky fingers. -Refine begging skills to get more table food. -Find a way to get back at the neighbor’s cat. He knows what he did. -Enjoy more naps. -Enjoy more car rides.
About the author:
Kayleigh has always loved animals and has spent time volunteering at the local dog shelter. The love of her life is her four year old Rottweiler, Lizzie. She enjoys writing for YeePet.com since it combines her love of animals with one of her favor...
See something on the Internet that you'd like us to profile in this column? Anything about pet fashion, technology or interesting is good. Send us an email to email@example.com or leave a comment below.