Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > New to Yeepet? Tell Us about Yourself and Pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pets that have passed away?

New to Yeepet? Tell Us about Yourself and Pet

Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Your Profile Picture
Default Pets that have passed away?

Will yeepet ever have a rainbow bridge area? Some of my most cherished pets are no longer with me and I would love to make memorials for them. And we need to know what to do with a profile when an animal friend passes on.

So sad, but we give them the best lives we can and hope they loved us as much as we love them.

CC

PM | Profile | Pet Profile | Blogs | Groups | Friends
Old 05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default Hi

That sounds like a wonderful idea to add to the site! I posted a profile of my Pogo who passed away. I listed him as RIP on his profile page -- I can see him every time I log on and remember him that way for now. You may want to try that until another area is set up. Judy

Old 06-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Your Profile Picture

I can't believe this, but I just ost my beloved dog Winnipeg, who was suddenly afflicted with back leg paralysis with no real hope of cure. I had her put down yesterday. The crying is done, but my heart will always have room for her memory.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default My thoughts are with you

I am so sorry about this -- This has to be hard and it was so sudden. Does the vet know what happened? Maybe posting a blog about it might help. My best to you. Judy

Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Your Profile Picture
Unhappy re: Pets that have passed away?

SanPedro, Take care of yourself and I will bring this up to the Yeepet Founders. I am actually helping my best friend get through a sudden beloved pet death as well. Yesterday, her 4-yr-old rescued Dobie had a sudden and unexpected heart attack on their nightly walk. He had been acting fine and showed no signs of being sick. The vet thinks it was heart failure and said big dogs, especially dobermans, are known to have this happen to them. But it was so traumatic for her because at one moment he was prancing along and happy, then boom! He was gone. And she was going through a hard time in her life anyway and he was the only immediate family she has, so she's taking it quite hard... I too agree that perhaps writing about it might help, and also it would be a wonderful way to remember.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default It's So Hard

It's always so tough to lose a good friend, and a pet is man's best friend. A beautiful idea would be if a friend could donate time and/or money in the name of your dearly departed friend... may you remember all of the best memories, ever so fondly.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Your Profile Picture
Thumbs up re: Forum area for Rainbow Bridge

Savvy, that's a great idea and I will bring it up to my friend, though right now even the sight of my dog (since my dog and hers were besties) makes her sad.

And SanPedro and everyone else. We set up a Rainbow Bridge forum area if you go here. (Or you can find it on the main page of the forums). There was also a group for Rainbow Bridge, but I think the user who was monitoring it has since become less active.

I think a great idea would be to post stories, photos, etc. on this forum section, but use it as you will, I just wanted to let you know it's up now.