Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Adoption & Rescue
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Even Corey Feldman's Involved

Adoption & Rescue

Old 05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Your Profile Picture
Default Even Corey Feldman's Involved

I found this really interesting interview with Corey Feldman. He says that he has been an animal activist since he was a kid and he's been a strict vegetarian for 24 years now. Who would have thought the loudmouth Goonies character cared so much for animals.

He also talks about how Hollywood should get involved and all of the different organizations he is a part of. When he was a kid, his parents ran a dog and cat rescue and he said at one point they had about 30 dogs and 20 cats living on their ranch. Now that's a full house.

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/2...-corey-feldman

check it out and let me know what you think!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Your Profile Picture

Good to know. This is something I always want to do - running a dog or cat rescue to save animals. Thank Corey Feldman for his contribution!

PM | Profile | Pet Profile | Blogs | Groups | Friends
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Your Profile Picture

Sure goes to show there's much more beneath the surface to most than we usually realize. I've had the privilege to rescue a dog (my twelve-year-old Sheltie) and a parrot (my twenty-three-year-old African Grey). It's been such a rewarding experience, I can't imagine any other way from now on.

MJ

Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default Good News Indeed

Indeed, it is always nice to hear of a celebrity drawing positive attention to a good cause. There are a number of celebrities (including Sarah McLachlan) who have used their star power for positive, pro-animal and pro-pet adoption purposes.

There are a LOT of shelters operating in the Los Angeles area alone, by a simple online search. Unfortunately, during the winter months, some of the same animal shelters have trouble finding enough blanketing and newspapers to help keep animals warm. The shelters generally accept (clean) old blankets, towels and bedding, and surely the animals appreciate the donations as well!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Your Profile Picture

That is really great to here, i knew there was a reason i liked him, it makes me happy knowing there are so many devoted animal lovers in the public eye that want to get the message out there, thanks for sharing