Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Cats > Cat Health & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to stop my cat from waking me up?

Cat Health & Care

Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Your Profile Picture
Question How to stop my cat from waking me up?

I have a cute lovely kitten who is 8 months old. He's very adorable but needy sometimes. Every morning he wakes me up every early in the morning. I can't sleep well everyday. He rubs on my head, meows, bites my fingers, bites my ring, and tries to come into my comforter to sleep with me. But he doesn't stay there for a second. He leaves immediately if I open the comforter. He just wants me to get up probably.

I sometimes work late at night and need more sleep in the morning. We have two other adult cats at home to keep him company. His mom is living with him, and his best friend is there too. But why does he want to do this with me? He doesn't spend a lot of time with them but me everyday.

Now I have to leave the door open when I sleep. If I close the door, he will scratch the door and bangs it. What should I do to keep him away from me when I sleep?

Name:  IMG_9708_s.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  52.1 KB

Old 11-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default How to stop my cat from waking me up?

Honorine,

Our cat Mokie used to do that nightly also, so we put her downstairs for a few nights or maybe even a whole week when she had annoying behavior. You can also use a crate or put her in a closed bathroom. It will make your cat realize that type of behavior is a no no. You can also preventatively use the crate or bathroom and hopefully she will grow out of this. Hope that helps but that is a hard behavior to deal with.

Last edited by YPT : 11-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Your Profile Picture

I don't want to crate him and lock him in a bathroom. He is still a baby and will go crazy if I do this. Is there another way to keep him away? I think he is so spoiled.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Your Profile Picture

He will yowl for a bit then settle down and sleep. It is worth a night's sleep. He will be fine. I Don't know of another way