Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Cats > Cat Health & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vet Help Needed

Cat Health & Care

Old 11-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default Vet Help Needed

I'm posting this question here for my friend:

"I have my 8 month kitten he will be a year in March. So he hasn't moved very much in the last couple of days and he hasn't eaten very much. His nose is wet and cold. A little while back my kitten was about 3-4 months old. My stupid dumb step brother threw him and my kitten broke his leg and his hip. I had to cage him to for 6-8 weeks so that it would heal. We do have three other cats. One is an adult female and the other two are 3 month old boy kittens. A couple days ago we bought him a little santa costume and put it on him he got mad and then he just started not moving very much at all and not eating very much. Ever since he got hurt he won't let touch his back legs which is understandable. He won't let me pick him up to hold him. All he does when I do that is growl and hiss. He will let me just pet his head. Sometimes he will let me pet his back and sides. I'm worried about him and i hope there is nothing to serious wrong with him. Please help me? Give me some ideas of what might be wrong with him."

PM | Profile | Pet Profile | Blogs | Groups | Friends
Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Your Profile Picture

Cats are very finicky about being fooled with and most do not want a Santa Costume on, except for a picture. His leg should be healed up by now and not causing any pain.

Sounds like activities in your house have scared him, he needs lots of love and attention to get over the trauma caused by your step brother.

Hold him gently and feed him pieces of cooked chicken in a safe place in your house for 15 minutes daily