Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Other Pets
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hands up for rabbits!

Other Pets

Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Your Profile Picture
Post Hands up for rabbits!

Hi everyone,
Who on the forum has or has had a rabbit? They are my favourite animal. I want to know all your stories and see your pics. Please join me on the Bunny Love group.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Your Profile Picture
Post Hands up here!!

I want to see your rabbit photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg summer 001.jpg (89.6 KB, 179 views)

Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Your Profile Picture
Wink re: Hands up for rabbits!

Have you visited this rabbit webpage?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Your Profile Picture
Talking aw

I have now

aaaaaw adorable. Loads of hand hints too, thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Your Profile Picture
Unhappy I had a wild bunny

A couple of months ago we were in the parking lot at Home Depot and there was a little baby bunny going berserk in the parking lot. It was running around everywhere and trying to get back up into the grass and out of the parking lot (by "grass" I mean the bare ground where they're doing some construction and the weeds have crept back in), but it was sooooo small that it couldn't jump up over the curbs. My heart melted and of course I had to capture it. The poor thing was so stressed out and shocked that it was totally still, I carried it around Home Depot in a ball cap and brought it home. We kept it in an animal carrier covered by a blanket to keep it dark for 24 hours so it would calm down, and then we took it out and it crawled all over us and was really sweet. Of course it grew rapidly and we discovered that it wasn't really sweet at all, but was still very very wild. We stopped trying to handle or tame it, deciding we didn't want it to get to comfortable with humans, and fed it fresh veggies and bunny food for about 2 months until it got big. Just last weekend we dropped it off in a field lined with some trees and it happily explored its new world.

That is my only bunny experience, and even though we didn't interact much with the rabbit I used to hang out and talk to it for awhile when I fed it, and I kind of miss having the little guy around. I know that the bunny will be better off in the wild though, especially now that it's winter and starting to get cold. We don't have the resources to keep it alive in this weather

PM | Profile | Pet Profile | Blogs | Groups | Friends