Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Other Pets
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2nd Class?

Other Pets

Old 08-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Your Profile Picture
Unhappy 2nd Class?

Have you ever taken an animal apart from a dog or cat to the vet? I have taken my rabbits along since I got my first several years ago now and sometimes got the impression that they werent as important as the 'money makers'. Check-ups afterall are sometimes free and clipping toes has never earned a vet a nice fat bonus. I did feel that my presence with Bo or Heeman was a complete novelty to both those waiting in the room and the vet himself.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Your Profile Picture
Unhappy re: vet care for the wee ones

I used to take my rats to a specialized rat vet, who rarely worked on animals above the size of rabbits. He was great with them and very kind and thoughtful ... but pretty expensive. Unfortunately, if you don't find specializing vets I agree -- they tend not to be as important as dogs or cats. But even with dogs and cats I've found some vets to just see them as more money and not individuals.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Your Profile Picture
Default 2nd class "regulars"

The vet that I use is in the country, and I think that he specializes more in livestock and horses. He's good with my dogs and cat, but I also get the feeling that he has to "plan" to be in the office, and he's very difficult to get ahold of. I would prefer to take them to another nearby vet that I know specializes in "normal" pets, but they're about three times more expensive, so they get the country vet or none at all.

PM | Profile | Pet Profile | Blogs | Groups | Friends
Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Your Profile Picture

Horse vets usually are harder to get a hold of, but they know dogs and cats just fine. My friend was driving with her vet to go pick up a horse and they found a puppy on the side of the road with it's vocal chords cut out. The vet stitched her up right there. He said it's just a smaller body.