Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Cats > Cat Health & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My Cats Tired of Toys So Quickly

Cat Health & Care

Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Your Profile Picture
Default My Cats Tired of Toys So Quickly

My cats don't seem to be very interested in new toys. I bought a lot of different toys for them but every new toy can only keep them interested in less than 5 minutes. After that, they are done!

They only want to play with me everyday. I tried to give them Fling-Ama-String, the award winning toy, for example, but they showed no interested in 2 minutes. I'm very frustrated.

Now I don't even dare to buy them anything as I know I'm wasting money by doing so.

How can they be pleased without me? They seem to be only interested in interacting with me.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Your Profile Picture

Honorine,
Cats are hard to keep interested in toys . They are interested in darting objects, but get bored when they catch them. They will tire of most toys in a short time. Have you tried catnip toys? Even though some people may not like the idea of cats needing to get intoxicated to play, they sure seem like they are having a good time when they are offered a catnip toy. Laser lights are also a great way for them to be exercised while we are working at the computer or watching tv.One of my cats used to love to roll in a bit of nutmeg.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Your Profile Picture

Thanks Dr.Greg. I have a laser pen. One of my cats loved it but he got tired of it recently. I don't have catnip toys, but I bought catnip before. I should try to get some for them. Thanks for the advice!

Old 05-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Your Profile Picture
Default Kitty Play

My kitty seems to have spurts of playfulness and then other times when he just hangs out and lounges being lazy. I think it would be hard for a cat to be bored - even a piece of string can be a playtoy at times. Do you have a window they can sit in and watch the birds? Or get a window ledge for them if they can't fit in a window -- I know my kitty likes to sit and watch the birds come and go from the feeder outside the window. That might do the trick! Judy

Old 05-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Your Profile Picture

Thanks for the suggestion. i guess my cats are getting lazy. I bought a big cat tree for them recently and they totally enjoy it. But the little one annoys me every night as he wants to play with me when he wakes up. He has only 5 minute passion for any toy. I guess I'm his big toy and he just wants to interact with people.

Now I have to play him with the string every night for at least 20 minutes otherwise he meows constantly!