Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Suggestions & Ideas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Way To Comment?

Suggestions & Ideas

Old 02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Your Profile Picture
Lightbulb New Way To Comment?

I have written over 60 blogs and have not received a lot of comments as I expected. That made me start to wonder about alternatives. Recently, I signed up for Disqus.com. The more I use it, the more I like it and the more I comment.

For those of you who do not know, it is a third party comment promotion site. Millions of users have already signed up and some large web sites use it such as Mashable, Wordpress, Blogger, and thousands of smaller blogs.

My feeling is that there are many blog views (some of mine have almost 500 in the first month) but not everyone is willing to sign up for an account just to comment on a blog. If this site used Disqus, visitors could comment on any blogs they want to. If they visited this site enough and participated on it, they would be more willing to sign up for an account.

More Benefits
Disqus promotes commenting by giving members points for leaving comments and shows how many people have "liked" their comments. Due to the natural competitiveness of people, they want to get more points and are therefore more willing and likely to leave comments.

After posting a comment, users can share what they wrote on Facebook, Twitter, and other social sites, and therefore also promoting this site and the blog.

Disqus also lets the site owner track all comments made about her site, giving you an idea of what is being said "behind your back" so to speak.

Here is the link to homepage. Click on the link at teh bottom of the page titled This Is Why You Should Too... to read all of the benefits.
http://disqus.com/comments/

Last edited by YPT : 02-21-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Your Profile Picture

Good idea. We will need to look into that and see how to integrate our site into their system. Yes registration might be a reason and I hope the blog topics are appealing enough for most users to comment on them.

We always need more enhancements. Thank you for the idea.

PM | Profile | Pet Profile | Blogs | Groups | Friends